Covid Pause Public Service Announcement
Beginning Monday, November 23, 2020, the Newton Falls Public Library walk-through browsing & computer access services will be paused in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The physical library building will be CLOSED to the public and our contact-free service hours will be expanded. We will monitor the situation through December 21, 2020, and will adjust our service operations as appropriate.
The Library will transition to “contact-free” services during this time period:
Reference Assistance via Telephone & Email
Patron Record, Holds and Renewal Assistance via Telephone & Email
Digital/Online Resources 24/7
Outdoor Book & AV Returns Open 24/7
Technology Assistance Services via Telephone & Email
REVISED OPERATING HOURS:
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 AM to 7:30 PM
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday:
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ADVANCE:
- The curbside delivery phone line is (330) 872-1282, press extension 0.
- We will provide online and telephone assistance during our curbside hours. Based on your specific request, library staff will direct your call to the Circulation, Reference, Youth Services or Technology Education Department.
- You may begin placing item requests via telephone or online by calling the curbside phone line.
- You may use curbside pick-up services to pick-up holds you've placed on the CLEVNET online catalog.
- Please have your library card ready if you call in to make borrowing requests.
- To utilize curbside delivery, you will need a mobile phone at the time of pick-up to call the curbside telephone line to notify staff you are here. If you don’t have a mobile phone you can make an appointment for pick-up and we will bring out your materials at that time.
- Please schedule an appointment to borrow and return Mobile WiFi Hotspots. This process will take approximately ten to fifteen minutes once staff arrive at your vehicle.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1st: YOU CALL US
The first step is to select your library materials that you want to borrow. You can do this several ways:
- We Select:
- You can call and ask one of our librarians to select and pull specific books, movies, or other library materials from our collection for you OR you tell us your interests and we'll surprise you with a genre or theme pack based on age group and/or reading level. Magazines, newspapers and board books are unavailable for request.
- You Select:
- You can use our online catalog at www.newtonfalls.org before you call us and place holds on NFPL materials that we can then pull off the shelf for you. You will be notified when they are ready for pick-up.
- CLEVNET Holds:
- You can use our online catalog at www.newtonfalls.org and request items from the CLEVNET system to be delivered to the Newton Falls Public Library or you can call the reference department and request assistance with placing holds on CLEVNET materials.
2nd: WE'LL CALL YOU
The next step is to let you know that your items are ready for pick-up.
- If you requested your materials over the phone, we will call you to let you know when your materials are ready for pick-up.
- If you requested your materials using the online catalog or through another CLEVNET library, you will be notified by the automated system when your materials are ready to pick-up. Please note that some automated messages are delivered before all items have been checked in from our delivery process. You may want to wait a minimum of an hour before picking up material or call ahead to make sure we have all of your items processed and bundled together.
3rd: PULL INTO A PARKING SPOT AND WE DELIVER TO YOUR CAR
Please have your mobile phone and library card ready, then head to the library or arrange a specific pick-up time if you do not have access to a mobile phone.
- Park directly in a parking spot in front of the building. We will not deliver to a vehicle parked in the fire lane!
- Have your library card handy and use your mobile phone to call (330) 872-1282, press extension 5 to tell us you're here. We will need vehicle color and license plate number. Please allow ten to fifteen minutes as we will check your materials out prior to bringing them out for delivery. Most transactions will take less time, but it will depend on how busy our services are when you arrive.
- We will come out to your car to deliver your materials. Deliveries will be contact-free, so please open your trunk to allow Library staff to put your items into your car without making contact. We recommend patrons return all materials to the appropriate return boxes. If you are unable to do so, we will ask that you place your materials in our cardboard boxes that we will bring upon request to your vehicle. Staff are not permitted to directly touch materials.