Beanstack is a digital way for patrons of ALL ages to track their reading, log activities, earn badges and be entered to win prizes.
Getting Started On the App
- Download the free Beanstack Tracker app from iTunes or the Google Play store.
- When the app asks How do you want to use Beanstack?, choose School, Library, or Bookstore.
- Touch Find a Site and search for Newton Falls Public Library.
- Touch Sign up!
- Enter your library card number and create a password.
- Follow the prompts to complete the registration for you or your child.
- Touch Add a Reader for additional family members.
- Touch Challenges at the bottom of the screen select the 2023 Summer Reading Challenge for your age group.
If you have already used the Beanstack app in the past, you will not need to register again- you can just jump right back in!
Getting Started With Your Library’s Beanstack Link
- Go to https://newtonfalls.beanstack.org/reader365
- Select Register an Individual or Family.
- Select I am registering myself and fill out the form.
- Select Next to add additional family members.
- Select the 2023 Summer Reading challenge for your age group.
If you have already used Beanstack app in the past, you will not need to register again- you can just jump right back in!
What is Beanstack?
Simple! It’s the world’s easiest way to keep track of all the books you read. When you create a Beanstack account for yourself or your family, you’re instantly connected to your local library’s reading programs, so you’ll get credit for every minute and every page. We’ll keep all your stats for you, cheer you on while you work towards your program goals, and let you know when you’ve earned prizes. When your library’s program ends, you keep your account, and your reading history—it’s always free, and you can keep right on logging your leisure reading. When the next library program comes around, no need to re-register—just click on it, and you’re in.
How do I log my reading or activities?
In one swipe! Flip your book over and use your phone to scan the bar code on the back. Boom, you’re done. Seriously, the Beanstack mobile app makes it that easy. If you want to get fancy, you can also enter the number of pages, minutes, or hours (nice work!) that you read. If your library uses Activities, they’ll be there on your screen—just click the ones you’ve done.
Prefer to use your computer to log your reading? No problem. You can always enter your reading through your Beanstack account online, too.
How do I get the prizes I earn in Beanstack?
Every time you hit a reading milestone, you’ll win a badge—a little digital fist bump to celebrate the quality time your brain and your books have been spending together. Sometimes those milestones will come with real, actual loot from your library—we’ll let you know, so you can go in and claim your sweet reward. If your library uses a raffle system for prizes, you can even use Beanstack to choose which goodies you want your tickets to go towards.
May I add more than one reader to my account?
Of course. You can set up as many profiles as you like, for readers of any age. And if you’re a parent who reads aloud to more than one kid at a time, you can credit that reading time to multiple children’s accounts with a single click—no need to log it in separately for each of your avid listeners.